Why Move To A New Email?
Starting from 28th June 2015, UTM is officially migrated from Desknow Gmail in order to enhance our email service to all UTM community, especially our staff.
There are a few reasons for UTM to move from Desknow to Gmail (powered by Google) :
- Unlimited Mailbox Qouta
- Reliable services.
- 99.99% availability.
- Integrated with all Google Cloud Tools (Google Docs, Google Drive, etc)
- Google Calender including free SMS for sending reminder.
- Link to Google Scholar Citation; to keep track citations of academic articles.
- Powered by Google – energy efficient data centre.
- Can be accessed from anywhere
UTM eMail Guidelines
Using Google Mail @ Gmail
Your Gmail account is also your Google Account, so you can use your same Gmail username and password to use other Google products like YouTube, Google+, Google Sites, Google Drive, Google Talk, and others.
STEP TO LOGIN TO GMAIL :
1. To login, you need to use your USERNAME and PASSWORD;
USERNAME : < put your full email address, eg: email@example.com >
PASSWORD : < put your barcode number >
2. Press “Sign In” button to proceed.
3. Then, you can access to your Gmail Inbox.
If a user deletes a message by clicking Delete, the message will be moved to the Trash but remains available for 30 days. Mail in Trash will be auto-deleted after 30 days!
If user click Empty Trash manually, emails will be permanently deleted and not retrievable!
Please proceed email deletion process with extra caution!